Broadcast Production/Operations Asst
WUSF Public Media is hiring an experienced producer/board operator. The top candidate will have great interpersonal skills and a great attitude toward his/her work and co-workers, plus experience in radio automation and production software. WUSF Public Media offers a great work environment and has excellent benefits.
The Broadcast Production/Operations Assistant functions under the direct supervision of the Director of Engineering as well as the Assistant Director of Engineering, and is responsible for the support to the Operations, Programming and News departments. This position is considered essential personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for editing and producing station programming and programming originating from outside the station, using Adobe Audition and NexGen. Provides assistance and training to station staff with editing, producing and preparing files and recordings for on-air programming.
- Responsible for assembling, checking and scheduling station logs in automation system (NexGen Digital Broadcast) as well as assisting announcing staff with training, producing and recording station continuity.
- Serves as technical help to station personnel in the operation of automation system.
- Responsible for implementing programming changes due to special events, live network feeds or breaking news events. Provide programming support to the Program Director, the Music Director, the Jazz Director and the News Director. Assists with, and serves as a back-up, in preparation of daily broadcast log, which includes scheduling promotional material, underwriting and public service announcements as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
Campus map and location overview: USF - Tampa Campus
- High School diploma and 2 years’ experience in Radio as on air/ board operator
- Experience with audio and audio engineering/ sound re-enforcement
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 to 5 years’ experience in Radio operations
- Experience with radio automation equipment (NEX Gen)
- Live performances
Additional software skills
- Adobe Audition
- Cool edit and or other production software
This position is subject to a criminal background check.
To apply for any of these positions, please go to USF's employment website at: www.usf.edu/about-usf/work-at-usf.aspx. Once there, please follow the instructions. Under Keywords, please type WUSF. A list of open positions will appear and click on the APPLY button of the position you are interested in.
Please note: Do NOT email your resume to HR. Only online applications are accepted for all WUSF positions.
How to Claim Vet Preference:
This position allows eligible veterans and their spouses to claim Veterans’ Preference pursuant to Florida Statute 295.
Applicants claiming preference are responsible for providing required documentation AT THE TIME OF SUBMITTING APPLICATION; such documentation is required for eligibility determination.
Supporting documentation, in addition to the DD214, may be required based on eligibility criteria.
For information on obtaining a DD 214 visit http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/ or call 1-866-272-6272.
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.